Meet Our Trainers
Hayley Jones — B.S. Kinesiology; CSCS, PNC
Hayley Jones was born and raised in Las Vegas, Nevada. She attended UNLV-University of Nevada Las Vegas graduated in 2007 with a bachelor’s degree in Kinesiology with an emphasis in Strength & Conditioning (Cum Laude).
While in school she volunteered in the UNLV Strength & Conditioning weight room as an assistant coach, worked with the football team during a summer internship program, in addition to working with: Women’s golf, basketball, softball, soccer, volleyball, track, Men’s football, soccer, baseball, men’s/women’s swimming and men’s basketball. Hayley also played soccer for the Lady Rebels during which her last two years the team took the Mountain West Conference Title and received their first ever and second straight bid to the NCAA!
Upon graduating college, she then obtained her certification from the NSCA-National Strength & Conditioning Association. She has been CSCS certified-Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist since June 2007.
In August 2007, Hayley accepted the position with the ISE-Institute of Sports Excellence(now the Health & Fitness Academy) training program and moved to Idaho. She has now been with the Health & Fitness Academy since it’s inception and has worked with all populations and ages ranging from 6-90. She has helped many athletes reach their dreams of competing at the college level such as, University of Wyoming, Air Force Academy, College of Idaho, Utah State, BYU, and University of Nebraska-Kearney. She has also helped many other clients reach their goals of general health and fitness, such as weight loss, strength, cardiovascular health and performance and much more!
In her free time, Hayley enjoys working out, running, and outdoor activities such as hiking, tennis, and soccer; and has an infinite love for dogs.
“It is my absolute passion to help people reach their goals and educate them on a healthier lifestyle. I love to see the progress each of my clients make and how I can help impact their lives!”
Gretchen Houston — B.S. Exercise Physiology; CSI, NSCA-CPT, CYI
Gretchen was born in 1973 in Salt Lake City, UT and graduated from high school in 1991 from Federal Way High School in Washington State. Gretchen was a competitive swimmer, water safety instructor and lifeguard throughout high school. After graduating High School, she moved to Idaho Falls, where she later became a mother to three beautiful children. Upon realizing her passion for physical fitness, Gretchen received her bachelor’s degree in Exercise Physiology from BYU-I in 2009. She enjoys teaching spinning and swim classes, and enjoys hobbies such as cycling, running, hiking, skiing and strength training.
At the Health & Fitness Academy, Gretchen focuses specifically on weight management and overall fitness and loves working with people of all ages. She developed and coordinates the Lifestyle Fitness program, and loves helping with the quarterly challenges at Mountain View Hospital, in addition to personal training. Gretchen finds her inspiration by helping people reach their weight and fitness goals.
Jennifer Saunders — B.S.; ACE, RET
Jennifer Saunders, a native of Idaho Falls, Idaho, is a Certified Personal Trainer through American Counsel of Exercise (ACE), and Certified Reiki energy therapist. In addition, Jennifer enjoys bringing out the best in people by facilitating meaningful and positive programs such as addiction recovery, body issues, and emotional eating classes. Jennifer’s personal hobbies include singing & performing, going on adventures such as fire walking, sky-diving, climbing the Grand Tetons, and participating in Ultra-Marathons (100 miles). Jennifer inspires he clients with a smile, a fun sense of humor, and an encouraging attitude.
Some fun facts about Jennifer:
- She is a kid at heart who says she will never “grow up.”
- She loves to be outdoors. She enjoys camping, hiking, and participating in sports.
- She loves to sing/perform and has done so in Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, and Washington. Had the privilege of performing at the 2002 Olympic Games.
- She has taught personal development for the company Outlook Development, inspiring people to find and change limiting beliefs in order to achieve more positive outcomes in areas such as relationships, money, business, and personal identity.
- She has studied with Peak Potentials in the areas of Trainer/Speaker and Life Directions.
- She is a certified Reiki energy therapist.
- She facilitates for addiction recovery programs.
- She facilitates a class on body issues and emotional eating.
- She loves to bring out the best in people and assist them in seeing different perspectives that bring more positive results in their lives.
- She has done crazy fun things like fire walking, sky diving, climbing the Grand Tetons 4x’s, running in Ecuador, running a 100 miles (yes, at one time), and being a mom, to name a few.
- She created a company named Buttin Gear that holds running events for all shapes, sizes and fitness levels – Some of these running events are fundraisers for the Make-A-Wish Idaho Chapter and help grant the wishes of local children. Buttin Gear’s mission statement is to get people off the couch and into life through wholesome education, recreation and volunteerism.
Come get to know Jennifer as she would love to meet you and learn of the crazy things you do!
McKenzie Kidman — NPTI
McKenzie was raised in Ferndale, Washington and is the middle child of five. McKenzie graduated from Ferndale High School where she played volleyball, both for the high school and electively, and participated in high jump and relays for the track team. After graduating, she attended one year of college at BYU-Idaho, then transferred to The National Personal Training Institute in Portland, Oregon. She graduated NPTI in 2012 with her license to personal train as well as her license in nutrition.
After NPTI, McKenzie moved back to Ferndale to work as an independent personal trainer and the strength and conditioning coach/assistant coach for the high school. She loved the opportunity to train young women in a sport that she loves and is grateful for the learning experience.
McKenzie married in September 2012, which brought her to Idaho where she worked as an independent trainer for Anytime Fitness and was challenged to rebuild her clientele. She is enjoying her experience in Idaho and loves the daily challenges and learning experiences that are helping her grow as a trainer and a person.
In addition, McKenzie loves to sing, play the piano, hike, enjoy the sun, work out, travel, and spend time with her family. She has a passion for fitness and loves helping others reach their goals. Fitness is something that she has always been involved in throughout her life. McKenzie has developed a love for more than just high school sports and weight training. She enjoys helping others live healthier, happier lives through nutrition and physical fitness. She has witnessed and helped people go through physical and emotional changes by teaching them and guiding them. She may be young, but she enjoys working with others, constantly learning and improving, and is excited to gain years of experience in this incredible field.