Meet Our Trainers
Hayley Earley — B.S. Kinesiology; CSCS, PN1
Hayley Earley was born and raised in Las Vegas, Nevada. She attended UNLV-University of Nevada Las Vegas graduated in 2007 with a bachelor’s degree in Kinesiology with an emphasis in Strength & Conditioning (Cum Laude).
While in school she volunteered in the UNLV Strength & Conditioning weight room as an assistant coach, worked with the football team during a summer internship program, in addition to working with: Women’s golf, basketball, softball, soccer, volleyball, track, Men’s football, soccer, baseball, men’s/women’s swimming and men’s basketball. Hayley also played soccer for the Lady Rebels during which her last two years the team took the Mountain West Conference Title and received their first ever and second straight bid to the NCAA!
Upon graduating college, she then obtained her certification from the NSCA-National Strength & Conditioning Association. She has been CSCS certified-Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist since June 2007.
In August 2007, Hayley accepted the position with the ISE-Institute of Sports Excellence(now the Health & Fitness Academy) training program and moved to Idaho. She has now been with the Health & Fitness Academy since it’s inception and has worked with all populations and ages ranging from 6-90. She has helped many athletes reach their dreams of competing at the college level such as, University of Wyoming, Air Force Academy, College of Idaho, Utah State, BYU, and University of Nebraska-Kearney. She has also helped many other clients reach their goals of general health and fitness, such as weight loss, strength, cardiovascular health and performance and much more!
In her free time, Hayley enjoys working out, running, and outdoor activities such as hiking, tennis, and soccer; and has an infinite love for dogs.
“It is my absolute passion to help people reach their goals and educate them on a healthier lifestyle. I love to see the progress each of my clients make and how I can help impact their lives!”
Gretchen Houston — B.S. Exercise Physiology; NSCA-CPT, CYI, CF-L1
Gretchen was born in 1973 in Salt Lake City, UT and graduated from high school in 1991 from Federal Way High School in Washington State. Gretchen was a competitive swimmer, water safety instructor and lifeguard throughout high school. After graduating High School, she moved to Idaho Falls, where she later became a mother to three beautiful children. Upon realizing her passion for physical fitness, Gretchen received her bachelor’s degree in Exercise Physiology from BYU-I in 2009. She enjoys teaching spinning and swim classes, and enjoys hobbies such as cycling, running, hiking, skiing and strength training.
At the Health & Fitness Academy, Gretchen focuses specifically on weight management and overall fitness and loves working with people of all ages. She developed and coordinates the Lifestyle Fitness program, and loves helping with the quarterly challenges at Mountain View Hospital, in addition to personal training. Gretchen finds her inspiration by helping people reach their weight and fitness goals.
Jennifer Saunders — B.S.; ACE, RET, ILC
Jennifer Saunders, a native of Idaho Falls, Idaho, is a Certified Personal Trainer through American Counsel of Exercise (ACE), and Certified Reiki energy therapist. In addition, Jennifer enjoys bringing out the best in people by facilitating meaningful and positive programs such as addiction recovery, body issues, and emotional eating classes. Jennifer’s personal hobbies include singing & performing, going on adventures such as fire walking, sky-diving, climbing the Grand Tetons, and participating in Ultra-Marathons (100 miles). Jennifer inspires he clients with a smile, a fun sense of humor, and an encouraging attitude.
Some fun facts about Jennifer:
- She is a kid at heart who says she will never “grow up.”
- She loves to be outdoors. She enjoys camping, hiking, and participating in sports.
- She loves to sing/perform and has done so in Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, and Washington. Had the privilege of performing at the 2002 Olympic Games.
- She has taught personal development for the company Outlook Development, inspiring people to find and change limiting beliefs in order to achieve more positive outcomes in areas such as relationships, money, business, and personal identity.
- She has studied with Peak Potentials in the areas of Trainer/Speaker and Life Directions.
- She is a certified Reiki energy therapist.
- She facilitates for addiction recovery programs.
- She facilitates a class on body issues and emotional eating.
- She loves to bring out the best in people and assist them in seeing different perspectives that bring more positive results in their lives.
- She has done crazy fun things like fire walking, sky diving, climbing the Grand Tetons 4x’s, running in Ecuador, running a 100 miles (yes, at one time), and being a mom, to name a few.
- She created a company named Buttin Gear that holds running events for all shapes, sizes and fitness levels – Some of these running events are fundraisers for the Make-A-Wish Idaho Chapter and help grant the wishes of local children. Buttin Gear’s mission statement is to get people off the couch and into life through wholesome education, recreation and volunteerism.
Come get to know Jennifer as she would love to meet you and learn of the crazy things you do!
Miranda Harris — BS, CSCS, HFS
Miranda Harris is no doubt a fitness fanatic! Fitness has always been a part of her life. She was born in 1992 and was raised in Rigby, Idaho, where she constantly participated in cheerleading, dance, gymnastics, softball, cardio, weight lifting and more. She was always looking for ways to be active.
Because of her love for fitness, after graduating from Rigby High School in 2010, she decided to continue cheerleading as a member of the Boise State University Cheerleading Squad where the squad took 1st place at the USA National Competition in Anaheim, California in 2011.
While cheerleading, Miranda pursued her degree in Exercise Science, with an emphasis in Fitness Evaluation and Programming from Boise State University. Her goal was to use her degree to help others find a passion for fitness as well.
She has worked in the fitness industry since 2011 and plans to continue in the fitness industry for many years to come. She started out teaching group fitness classes, then later began personal training as well. Upon graduating from Boise State University in 2013, summa cum laude, she became an adjunct professor for the Boise State Kinesiology Department where she taught an academic introductory weight training course to 120 students per semester.
Miranda moved back to Southeast Idaho in 2015 and is now here with us at the Health and Fitness Academy.
What she loves about fitness is how it can make you feel! She believes that exercise can turn a bad day into a good day, a boring day into an exciting day, or a depressed day into a happy day. Fitness is a way of life, and it is addicting!