Some things are worth the wait...
Your patience is appreciated as Mountain View Hospitals Women’s Center Prenatal Program is being refreshed especially for you. Please check back for updates on our new classes and new dates and times, or you can find information about other classes by going to the education tab on the left. In the meantime, please join our Prenatal Yoga class being offered once a week.
We offer free weekly prenatal yoga classes every Thursday at 7 PM in the Mountain View Hospital Health and Fitness Academy. Not only does this class help keep mothers stay in shape and relax, but it also helps many women prepare for labor by exercising the muscles used during childbirth. In addition, yoga generally promotes the overall health of mother and baby. For any questions or concerns, please contact our Health and Fitness Academy at (208)557-2729 or by email at email@example.com.
Benefits of Prenatal Yoga
Prenatal yoga is a multifaceted approach to exercise that encourages stretching, mental centering and focused breathing. Research suggests that prenatal yoga is safe and can have many benefits for pregnant women and their babies. For example, studies suggest that prenatal yoga can:
- Improve sleep
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- Increase the strength, flexibility and endurance of muscles needed for childbirth
- Decrease lower back pain, nausea, carpal tunnel syndrome, headaches and shortness of breath
- Decrease the risk of preterm labor, pregnancy-induced hypertension and intrauterine growth restriction — a condition that slows a baby’s growth
Prenatal yoga can also help you meet and bond with other pregnant women and prepare for the stress of being a new parent.
Location of Prenatal Yoga Class
Mountain View Hospital, Cardiopulmonary Rehab Department.
Frequently asked questions
- Do I have to deliver my baby at MVH?
Not at all. Our prenatal classes are offered to any pregnant woman no matter where you decide to deliver.
- Do I need to register for the classes?
No, but please plan on being a little early so you can sign in on the sign-in-sheet before class.
- Do I need to bring anything?
YES. Please REMEMBER to bring a water bottle to class. Also be prepared to take your shoes off for Yoga class. Yoga mats are provided but you are welcome to bring your own.
- Can I bring my husband or a non-pregnant friend?
No, unfortunately, in order to maintain continuity and respect the other participants you must be pregnant to participate and men are not allowed.